Top Ten Healthy Gift Ideas for Christmas – from local women!
If you want to give a gift that lasts beyond Christmas then a gift that helps someone create a healthier lifestyle is the perfect one! This year, for my Christmas gift blog I wanted to showcase inspiring local women (all living in Kerry!) who are doing amazing work. I hope you see something you like it the list below and can support them : )
Here are my top 10 suggestions for you:
- Stocking fillers – It is always nice to fill the stockings with some healthy options. Things like sports socks, essential oils, lemon juicers, pedometers, relaxation CDs, healthy snack bars, motivation cards etc. The fab Susan Carey has just released a gorgeous set of cards that are a mix of affirmations and quotes so perfect to cheer anyone up.
- Sustainable gifts – Containers such as glass water bottles, reusable hot drink mugs, dinner flasks, eco lunch bags – things that make healthy eating easier and environmentally friendly are always appreciated. Caroline of Ode to Earth has put together some lovely sustainable gifts that you can find here along with bath and beauty products too.
- Recipe books – There are so many great cookbooks out there at the moment. The Happy Pear cookbooks are always a hit but I just love Christina Leopold’s amazing vegan desserts so have to recommend her cookbook for you – you won’t be disappointed!
- Beauty products – Oh, where to start here – there are just more and more amazing sustainable, vegan-friendly beauty products available now. I have just treated myself to some lovely rose products from Flourish Organics who do a fab range of organic and earth friendly products.
- Classes – An abundance of classes landed online over the past year so there is no shortage of choice. I love what Maeve in Ebb and Flow is doing and how she is expanding her yoga business. She is always a breath of fresh air, check out her range of classes and workshops here.
- Relaxation treatments– Vouchers for treatments are one of my favourite gifts to get as I love my spa time and can enjoy it guilt-free when it’s a gift. ; ) Again lots of different packages available from a discounted treatment up to a full spa day with lunch. My favourite treatment is reflexology and I go monthly to the lovely Sheila – if you are lucky enough to be in the Kerry area then grab one of her gift vouchers.
- Courses – There are some great apps/websites out there that offer a range of services to keep your loved ones healthy. My friend Janice has creating a lovely new product which is a lovely self-care gift – Transformative Ten Qigong online lessons.
- Personal Development – This is a gift with a difference, we all need support at some stage whether it be health or life goals/issues. These wonderful women have great skills to help you along the way. Rebecca Atkinson, Susan Browne and Geraldine Ahern.
- Treats – I always buy myself Christmas presents : ) It is a way of showing self-love that I enjoy. One of them this year is this fab Christmas Hamper from Wild Sage Bakery – Selena’s creations are to die for! The hamper – like all her products -is vegan and gluten-free so happy days!
- Vouchers – I personally love to get vouchers as it allows me to get something I like. I don’t like the fact that the value is obvious or implied but I can deal with that rather than getting something I don’t really like (hope that doesn’t sound too ungrateful!!). Obviously the best vouchers in town are the ones for my services (!) as they can be used against workshops, CDs, online programs or coaching. So plenty of options for getting healthier!
You can find my vouchers here and they can be posted or emailed to you so perfect for the last minutes gifts!
Wishing you all a very happy and healthy Christmas!